The only way to build hope is through the earth.
- Vandana Shiva
Our belief in the power of Collective Impact for social change informs work that we do and shapes the strategies that we are using to achieve our objectives. The focus of CRFAIR as an organization is around two distinct but related spheres of activity:
Provide Backbone Support for the Capital Region Food and Agriculture Network
Undertake high value, meaningful projects that are consistent with our Vision, Mission and Values
Vision: A region where local, sustainable and healthy food is celebrated, abundant and central to the cultures, health and well-being of residents
Mission: Mobilize and connect efforts to develop healthy, equitable and sustainable food systems in the Capital Region.
Long Term Goals
- Increased local, sustainable production and distribution of food
- Decreased waste in the local food system
- Full, equitable access to nutritious food for all residents of the Capital Region
- Policies, bylaws and regulations that support local, sustainable and healthy food systems
- Increased culture that embraces local, sustainable, healthy food
- Decreased amount of food transported into the region for local consumption
The CRFAIR staff and contractor team works under the guidance of a deep and diverse leadership team.
CRFAIR builds partnership and support related to its strategic plan, and considers undertaking specific projects that align with this plan.
The types of contract work that the CRFAIR team can facilitate include:
Research and reporting
Policy review and development
Creative, fun, inspired events
To inquire about potential service provision please contact: email@example.com